NOW HIRING: Grill/Prep Cook
We are a comfort food focused well-established restaurant group with several locations around Toronto seeking a Grill/Prep Cook.
Reports To: Owner, General Manager
Summary of Position: To ensure orders are processed timely and in the order in which they are received; accurately and efficiently cooking meals; following all food safety and sanitation procedures to ensure quality and safe food.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Able to read tickets and relay what they require to kitchen for preparation.
- Ensures all orders leaving the kitchen meet presentation standards and guest requests.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant's recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Informs wait staff of kitchen wait times and any product shortage.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Able to read and follow recipes.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant's preventative maintenance programs.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, grinders, pans, oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Opens and closes the kitchen properly and follows the checklists for kitchen stations.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
Summary of Experience
- Previous Professional Cooking Experience (2 years).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficient problem-solving ability.
- Ability to multitask effectively and independently in a fast paced environment.
- Organization and planning skills.
- Strong operational skills in a customer-service environment.
- Ability to handle pressure and stress in a positive and constructive manner.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop frequently and lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work in a standing position for up to 9 hrs at a time.
Hard-working, high energy team players should respond with a short cover letter telling us a bit about yourself to email@example.com.
We will be interviewing ASAP and we wish you luck on your job search!